Committee representative of the Walton on the Hill May Pageant Ann Liddle, spoke with Dave on Saturday breakfast about all the family fun planned for this year’s local event. The theme for 2017 is the London Underground and all it’s tube stations. There was a huge on-air thank you to all supporters of the day including the full committee for everything they do behind the scenes.
The well-supported event by residents of Walton-on-the-Hill and the surrounding areas of Tadworth, Kingswood and Epsom will be taking place on Saturday 20 May 2017.
On Pageant Day, it is an early start for the organisers, local shopkeepers and residents as everyone gets up to decorate their premises on the procession route.
Judging of the Best Dressed Shop Display, Best Dressed Home, Best Display Along The Route and Best Dressed Pub will take place at 12 noon on Pageant Day by the reigning May Queen, FREYA TAYLOR, with two other judges.
There is so much to see and do on the day:
- Procession sets off for the Pageant Green at 2pm, led by the fancy dress ponies followed by the tractor carrying the May Queen and her Attendants
- TS Resolution & TS Swiftsure Bands play
- The Crowning Ceremony of the new May Queen
- Maypole Dancing by the 1st Walton on the Hill Brownie Pack
- Performances by Teri Jayne’s School of Dance
- Crystal Elite Cheerleaders
- Huxley’s Birds of Prey
- Omni Terrier Racing
- Raffle Draw
- Fun Dog Show
- Craft and Charity Stalls
- Refreshments (The Open Group Tea Tent, Beer, Pimms & Prosecco Tent, WATBHA’s BBQ Tent, Ice Cream Vans & Donut Van)
- Entertainment (Face Painting, Roundabout Rides, Bungee Trampolines, Land Spheres, Western Town, Punch & Judy, Football Games …….), and, not forgetting, the portable loos!
This year, Walton-on-the-Hill May Pageant Day closes with music by El Rocco DJ from 5.30 to 6.30pm. Phew!